Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sew, this is meant to be a blog about my learning to quilt so I'd better get on with it. This is a picture of me with my first pieced baby quilt I made and machine quilted using a straight stitch. I made it for my grandson Jacob in January. Quilting has always been in my mind as something I wanted to learn since I was a teenager learning to sew. But I always thought it would be later, when I got older and less busy. Well I'm older and we can argue about the less busy part. When we moved here last year it was to the perfect place because my neighbor happens to have a quilt shop in her basement and the rest is history. I am hooked or should I say pinned. I started going over while everyone else were quilting and I would work on the quiet books that I was making for my grandkids last Christmas. Then my neighbor had a class to learn to make a top for a Christmas quilt. This is the top we made.

I finally finished piecing it in Feb. and then in May I free motion quilted it. That was hard and I am not very good at it. At some point I will try it again. That's all for now. More to come.

3 comments:

  1. I love your quilts! The one for Jacob is really cute!! I love the one you made for Malaya the best though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!! I don't know how you have the patience for sewing! I guess that's something I didn't get from you. LOL I LOVE that Christmas tree quilt. Can I have it? Hehe, or can you make me one like it? PLEASE:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilts! You'll get used to blogging soon enough. Do I really have to have a baby to get a quilt or a visit??? GEEZ!! Look forward to reading your posts and seeing all the new creative sewing you're doing!!

    ReplyDelete