Tuesday, October 5, 2010

More small projects


Here are a couple of small projects that I've done in the past little while.



This is a tote bag that I made for my primary stuff. I changed the pattern a little bit and it turn out huge. But I love the fabrics. It is a simple patchwork block and then quilted diagonally with a straight stitch.

So far this wallhanging is my favorite thing I've pieced and quilted. Do you see the green square with the red applique in the middle? I found that at the thrift shop on base for $4. I knew I could use it and snatched it up. It just grew from there. Most of the fabric were small pieces and scraps that I had and my friend had a few matching fabric scraps that helped pull it together. It is 20 1/2 inches square. I have it hanging on the wall going up the stairs.

Have a happy day.

3 comments:

  1. wow mom, I am amazed at these projects! So pretty! I love them all... maybe if we ever live near each other you can teach me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bag! I love the wall hanging! Very pretty:) I don't know how you have the patience for sewing! I just can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love that bag! Its hard to find a bag big enough for all your primary stuff! What is your calling? I teach the valient 11 class.

    ReplyDelete