Saturday, October 2, 2010

pink and more pink, then more blue

OK, I think I am almost caught up with the quilts that are completely finished. I have many tops that are waiting to be quilted. I am going to learn how to use Chris's (my neighbor that has the quilt shop in her basement) long arm machine. It's just a matter of me getting ready and our schedules meshing.

Here is the quilt I made for Malaya. It was so exciting to finally have a girl to make something for. I don't particularly like the color pink, but I wanted to use it for her. As I was making the quilt, it kept getting pinker and pinker. Plus instead of just binding it I put a ruffle on it. I wish I had taken a picture of the back. Of this one and all of them. One of the first things my quilting friends told me was that I needed to put a label on the back of the quilt with my name and the date.



This is the quilt that I made for Tinian. This one changed as I was making it also. It is made out of flannel and is really cuddly. I wanted to use the green with orange circles and decide to applique them on the dark blue, but leaving the edges raw. I straight stitched the middle and quilted the circles around the borders to coordinate with the appliqued circles. Do you see the label on the back of this one?

1 comment:

  1. I love Tinian's quilt! I had totally different colors in mind when we talked about it. I thought you'd use bold reds and blues. I was a bit scared to be honest, but I LOVE the colors and patterns you ended up using!! I can't wait for winter so he can start using it:)

    ReplyDelete