Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My fun bright and springy quilt.

I started in Jan. with this jelly roll quiltalong that started on the blog www.psiquilt.com It is called a postage stamp quilt. A jelly roll is made up of 2 1/2" strips of fabric (about 40 of them) all from one collection. These are the pictures of the process.
These are the strips sewn together with Kona solid white cotton.


Then I cut them into 2 1/2" segments. Aren't they pretty. So bright and cheery.

And this is a few of the squares up on my design wall. After I got them all done (48), it was a process to lay them all out and make sure that none of the fabric with right next to the same fabric. So the top is done, the back is one seam away from being done. I had some left over segments so I am using them on the back. Hope it works. I've got the batting. I will pin it together and start quilting it today or tomorrow. I plan on straight line quilting it with my home machine and the walking foot. Unless I have a drastic change of heart before than.
I've got to many projects in my head, but next is a "Chocolate" quilt for Dave. It's a semi-surprise.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you are a quilting mastermind now... it's like there is this secret world of quilting that none of us understand, but somehow you keep us amazed!

    ReplyDelete