Friday, April 29, 2011

Saving!

Before I begin with my savings post I need to tell you that I went to the AQS Quilt Show in Paducah, KY. It is a big thing in the quilt world. I enjoyed it. I went last year with a group of friends and this year only 3 others were going to go. But one got sick and another had to many things going on, so it was just me and Carol. We had lots of fun shopping and looking at all the beautiful quilts. Really works of art. We left at 7am and got back about 8pm. The river was flooding so they had to put up the flood gates and had to move some of the show to different locations but not hard to find and we had a great time.

Ok now for the savings. These were my shopping trips last week. At CVS I did two transactions so I could use my extra care bucks immediately. I haven't done this before because I feel bad for the people in line behind me, but I waited for a lull in people and went ahead.

I got the milk and Zaditor for $13.72 using coupons and got $1 ECB and $3 ECB.


I then bought this candy for $1.37 with a coupon and the ECB's I just got.  I also had to get a rain check for the cheerios and shaving cream on sale they didn't have. I saved $14.36 on both of these transactions together.

Then at Walgreen's I got this.

My total with coupons was $8.79. My total savings was $22.03. I wanted to get some Cream with Mushroom soup but they were out of stock so I got a rain check.

This is not a massive haul, but I am not the extreme couponer that needs to buy things I don't use just because and I haven't figured out how to get everything for free. Saving money is a good thing though and that is why I use coupons.

Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I need to get back into couponing! It's so fun!

    Derek's mom just got me a sewing machine from her mother in law and i'm so excited! I'm not good at sewing right now but hopefully i'll get better if I have my own sewing machine so I can practice anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That's awesome savings!! I LOVE the reward coupons you can get at Walgreens, but we don't have a CVS:P Albertson's does catalina coupons for buying products and I was able to use them at Walmart today on baby food!! I saved even more money by going to walmart since baby food isn't on sale this week at Albies. I'm still not that good, but hopefully I'll just get better:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were that close to Kentucky! Weird. Glad you had fun though. Yay for saving money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to find places that double coupons. Me and Kay can't EXTREME coupon because FL and NV will not double. That's the secret. And places where you can use both a store AND a manufacturers coupon AND extra bucks. That's where the savings is. I saved $150 on my last haul. Paid Around $60. But I only have to stock up for 2 people so it's a bit easier for me, I can get one or two great deals at a time. Colgate toothpaste is free at CVS with extra bucks and there's coupons for that printable in last sundays paper so they Pay YOU to get em :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to send you all the excel sheet I use, it makes it SOOO much easier. I know exactly the quantity, cost and savings of everything I'm going to get BEFORE each shopping trip. AND I don't end up getting shit I don't need just because it's on sale. I stick with my list. And ALWAYS double check coupon policies on their websites. I have them printed out in my coupon folder just in case. Winn dixie, if you guys have it is great too. They always have 10/10 stuff and if you can get coupons for them awesome. ALSO look on ebay you can buy 20 coupons for like a dollar if there's a really good sale on something, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more thing. Extreme couponing courtesy. I always let people behind me with a few items go before me because my transactions take a long time. And sign up for multiple cvs cards so you can avoid the limit policy (like sometimes you can only get two for each deal). But be careful as to which extra bucks go with which card because it only works for that. MJ and I have 4 separate CVS cards Also, printable coupons.... especially from target.

    ReplyDelete