Friday, November 30, 2012

Blue and White Splendor and a few other things

I have been out of commision for almost 2 weeks. Somehow I threw my back out and I'm still not feeling 100%. Dave did get me to the Chiropractor for the first time. Kind of scary.

Well this is long over due. I still don't have a label on it but it is bound and I am still in love with it.
Jane (my friend that quilted it) named it the Blue and White Splendor. Perfect name.




 I cannot get high enough to take a shot of the whole quilt


 Now on the other things. At the beginning of Nov. I got the chance to go to Jonas's baptism. I am so proud of him. I flew into Las Vegas and stayed over night with Kaylee and family. Derek made some fantastic venison stew for us. My Dad drove up and then we drove up to Idaho Falls together, picking up Matt on the way.



 This is Jonas with Grandpa Blethen who baptized him and Great grandpa Doty who confirmed him.

I am so glad I was there.

I am having problems putting pictures on the post today so here is another shot of my favorite quilt of the moment.

 This is an experiment. I was testing out a pattern that I found. I have never sewn a bag like this before and I wanted to see how it would turn out. I just picked out a couple of coordinating fabrics from my stash and knocked it out one day a few weeks ago.
 Not to hard to put together. It has two pockets on the outside where the diagonal line is.

Would anyone like it?

Have a nice day!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you hurt your back!! I'm sure the chiropractor was scary! I don't know if I'd ever want to go to one, no matter what happened!

    I love that quilt! Great job mom!! And that bag is SO CUTE!! I'll take it if no one else wants it. You can always use a new bag:) Where'd you get the pattern from?

    I'm SO glad you were able to come with Grandpa and Matt to the baptism!! HE was really glad too! I wish you could've stayed longer!! Love you Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quilt mom! We had our RS christmas dinner last night! Missed you. So did a lot of the Sisters! I'm glad you went to the chiropractor! Hope it helped.

    ReplyDelete