Monday, May 20, 2013

Anyone remember these?


When we lived on Veering Lane in Burke we had the invasion of the cicadas. Anyone remember the ground being covered in these things? This one is about 2 inches long. And the loud noise that accompanied them? Well they're back! And we have baby blue birds in the box under the mailbox. I have heard them, but not seen them. The mom and dad birds are fun to watch flying back and forth.

And just so this doesn't turn into a nature blog here is my Riley Blake April Block of the Month.
And I can't wait to show you Mel and Jared's wedding quilt. Rachelle is going to quilt it on the long arm this week. Her wedding is less than two week away!

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. I thought cicadas were only in Japan! Those are HUGE!! Holy cow!

    I LOVE that quilt block, Mom!! So PRETTY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no memory of the cicadas... hmm... yes I will quilt that... but when? I might have to get someone to watch the kids and do it during a weekday.

    ReplyDelete