Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas presents

 I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We had a great day, but we wish you all were here. This picture above is a wall hanging I made for my mom. It is about 9" by 12". ( I made one for myself too). It is kind of country folksy with a lot of hand stitching.
 The quilt below is a quilt I fell in love with in a magazine(McCall's Quick Quilts) and another blog, Jaybird Quilts. It is called Julie's Snuggler. It is about 54" square. Remember a few posts ago? I showed you a quilt that was a surprise for someone. That one, the Whiligig, was for Baylee and this one was for Hannah. This is made from a jelly roll. A jelly roll is made up of strips of fabric that are 2 1/2".

 I layered the backing, batting, the cream fabric, then weaved the strips on top. Then I sewed straight lines about 1/4" on each side of the strips. I then added the border and straight stitched a couple of lines. I made the binding with several different strips from the jelly roll.

This is a doll quilt I made for Malaya. It is called the Sudoko quilt. If you study it there are nine fabrics. And just like the puzzle each of the nine fabrics are use only once in the horizontal and  vertical rows and the square blocks.

These are the chalkboard mats I made for the older grandkids. They are made so you can roll them up to store or carry them around.
It's so fun making things. Now I get to start on next year. As soon as I finish Bryan's late birthday quilt.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the quilts you have showed lately! I am constantly impressed with your quilting! Love you! I know it's warm here in Texas... but I would love a quilt to show off!

    ReplyDelete