Thursday, December 16, 2010

Well I have been so busy getting all the Christmas presents done and bought and wrapped and sent out that I haven't been good at posting my projects. So tonight I will show you one thing that I've been waiting to show. This is the first quilt top that I pieced after the Christmas tree quilt. I saw the whirligig block and liked it so much that I wanted to use it. I couldn't really find a pattern for it so I just figured out the ratio for cutting it. I used a charm pack, which is a package of precut 5" squares. I finished the top in the spring sometime and it just sat there for a long time because of my bad experience of free motion quilting with my home sewing machine. I wanted to use the long arm to quilt it. The summer came and went and it was finally Oct. when I set up a time with Chris for her to show me how to use "Sally" (her long arm machine she rents out). I forgot to get a picture of me using the machine, but I'll try to remember next time.




I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but I used a variegated thread (multi-colored). It was so fun to quilt. And so much faster and easier than on the home machine. I will let you know the owner of this quilt after Christmas.  That's all for now, because I can't give anything else away before Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I like that one! It's fun. You're doing a really great job on these quilts!!

    ReplyDelete