Thursday, December 23, 2010

Now on to the quilty stuff

I am itching to post the pictures of the Christmas presents I've made, but a few more days so I don't spoil the surprises. I have had this done for awhile but hadn't taken a picture of it. I made this for Ethan.
 I should have taken a close up of the inspiration fabric. The five blocks in the middle that are in the x have US Air Force planes. I picked the block pattern because it reminded me of a window and I thought it would look like the airplanes were flying out the window. But alas, I cut the fabric wrong and some of them are flying sideways. I only had 2 fat quarters of the fabric. Ethan helped me pick out the other fabrics.
 It is very hard to see, but I quilted stars in the 3 small squares within the block and on the border top and bottom. The side borders I quilted with a slanted line about 1-2" apart.
This is the back of the quilt.
Merry Christmas everyone. Have a wonderful day.

1 comment: