Saturday, April 6, 2013

Springtime finally!

These finally opened up yesterday! Ethan and I planted the bulbs last fall. We planted tulips too, but they haven't fully come up yet.

In my last post about I showed you the small 3 1/2 inch blocks I am making. The pieces are small but you don't cut them small. I am using Thangles to make them.
You cut strips of fabric and put this paper over the strips, pin it on and sew on the dotted line, then cut on the solid lines to make your small HST's.

Then you press it open and rip the paper off. Much easier.

And Cara Rachelle asked me what I was going to do with all the mini quilts. I started laughing because I hadn't thought about how many I would have. Maybe I'll give them away. So start looking for the one you like best each month!

Enjoy General Conference. Do you remember the Gen. Conf. booklets I made you guys?

2 comments:

  1. I remember having something to do at conference but I don't remember the exact booklets... just very vague.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohh!! Love the flowers!! We have tulips popping up in our yard already!! I LOVE spring!! :)

    Wow, thangles!! I think I've heard of that! Makes life a whole lot easier it sounds like:)

    I remember you making books for us for conference. I was going to do that too, but the candy thing was enough to handle. LOL

    ReplyDelete